Wednesday 29 October 2014

All the gear and no idea

We got our uniforms today!! Finally!! 3 weeks later than we were supposed to have them but even so it's so exciting. I tried mine on as soon as I got home. It horribly unflattering and baggy but it looks the biz. Was so nice to put it on, along with my badge, hospital ID and little upside down watch (I don't even know what it's called!). I took a photo of me in it and sent it to my grandad and dad who were both pleased to see it.

Having the clobber makes it all ever more real, I didn't tell anyone that I had got into University for so long as I just didn't really believe it would happen, I was always waiting for something to go wrong along the way that would stop me being able to train as a nurse, but it's properly happening and I could not be happier.

We've started getting into the hard stuff now, actually learning things in lectures and having to study before and after lectures and make tones of notes, scary stuff but it's all so interesting. I am really worried about the biology, physiology and anatomy side of things - which is a huge chunk of stuff! To be honest, when I applied, I didn't think I would get in as they asked you to have at least A level in one of the sciences and I don't, I only even got C in science at GCSE, it was literally my worst subject! There are some people on my degree who already have degrees in biology or some kind of science and they know all the answers in lectures and I'm just sitting there like... what's a capillary ? .. Very troubling, but at least I know that is my area of weakness and I can work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment